Thursday, February 28, 2008

Five for Fighting donate money for Autism Speaks foundation

Alternative band Five for Fighting teamed up with the website whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com in order to raise money for charities. Autism Speaks is one of these charities that has benefited most from this website. For every view from the autism videos posted (there are 133 to chose from), Five for Fighting donates $0.49 to the Autism Speaks foundation to help researchers find a cure for autism. Five for Fighting's goal is to have 10,000 views, but that doesn't mean their donations will stop there. As long as this campaign goes on, no matter how many views the videos receive, the donation from them will still be made.

Had I not been involved with the local Special Olympics delegation back home, I would not have received an email telling me of this amazing PR campaign. People do not realize how hard it is having someone with Autism in your family. I, personally, don't have anyone with autism in my family, but have worked with autistic children for many years. To learn more about autism and just what families have to fight for each day, click on the above link. I wanted to post one of the videos here on the page, but their is not an embedded link or url for me to include.

To learn more about Autism Speaks and other ways you can make a difference, click here

No comments: