Thursday, January 31, 2008

Oprah Announces the Launch of her Own Television Network

Oprah is getting her own cable network, in additon to her magazine, talk show and television speicals. In 2009, the Discovery Health Network will become OWN-the Oprah Winfrey Network. In addition to being CEO of her new nework, Oprah will also be launching her web platfrom Oprah.com. Oprah said that "Fifteen years ago, I wrote in my journal that one day I would create a television network, as I always felt my show was just the beginning of what the future could hold... For me, the launch of the Oprah Winfrey Network is the evolution of work I've been doing on television all these years and a natural extension of my show." This is a perfect example of building corporate identity, which Oprah is very good at making people awaire who she is and what she represents. Her brand is crossing over many mediums and will make her even more well know and powerful brand. The OWN was announced on The Today Show.

No comments: